NETGEAR Arlo Pro 2
The 1080p NETGEAR Arlo Pro 2 is a more advanced version of the older 720p Arlo Pro. In addition to that, the Arlo Pro 2 can be used either as a wired or wireless camera. The regular power supply on the Arlo Pro 2 makes it possible for users to sign up to NETGEAR’s continuous video recording option on the cloud and use solar panel on the side. The Arlo Pro 2 is IP65-certified which means it has the ability to stand the rain, sun, heat or cold. The Arlo Pro 2 works well with Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant, IFTTT, and Stringify.
Specifications of Arlo Pro 2
Arlo Pro2 is a full-proof home security system. You will be impressed with the sheer amount of features included, and with the Netgear’s generous cloud storage plans and clip length limits; a bar has been set high for the industry.
Free Cloud Storage: The Arlo Pro 2 has a nice selection of options for saving your recordings that include both local and cloud storage.
- Brilliant Security Siren: 100+ decibels controlled remotely or triggered by motion or sound.
- 1080p HD Quality: With the Arlo Pro 2 you can watch and record crisp HD video in more detail than ever before.
- 3-second Recall: With the Arlo Pro 2 you can capture activity 3 seconds before a triggered event so you will always know what happened, from start to finish. It is available when plugged in and used inside the building or home.
- Rechargeable Battery: The batteries are long lasting, taking the expense out of security.
- Library and Playback: The Arlo Pro 2 Cloud Library is well-organized and easy to navigate while providing a good depth of user access and control.
NETGEAR Arlo's installation is different from most of the other security cameras because you need to first connect the base station to the Internet. After that, you need to download the Arlo app on your mobile device or laptop and add the base station to it. Connecting a camera to the base station is even easier than that. All you need to do is to press the sync button on top of the base station and then the sync button on the camera. The app then prompts you to sync additional cameras to the app and then asks you to tap finish to end. The Arlo cameras should be within 90 meters of the base station but that maximum distance is only possible if there are no physical obstructions or intervening walls. After you have set up the advanced settings for your Arlo pro camera devices, you will need to set up the GeoFencing settings of your devices. You need to use Arlo Netgear Login or the Arlo application to manage all the settings for your cameras.
How is Arlo Pro 2 different from Arlo Pro?
Arlo Pro 2 offers the same features as Arlo Pro in addition to the new features which are mentioned below:
- Arlo Pro 2 offers a 20 degrees wider field of view than Arlo Pro.
- Arlo Pro 2 offers 1080p full HD resolution and crisp image quality with nearly identical battery life to Arlo Pro.
- Arlo Pro 2 uses a pre-buffer to record the three seconds before motion is detected. Your motion-triggered video recordings start before the motion happens, so you do not miss a thing. The advantage of pre-buffering is that it reduces the latency between motion detection and the start of video recording. When you operate the Arlo Pro 2 on battery power it does not pre-buffer.
- Arlo Pro 2 allows you to set up activity zones when it is plugged in.
What are the advantages of using Arlo Pro 2 plugged in?
The following features are only available when the Arlo Pro 2 camera is plugged in:
- When the Arlo Pro 2 camera is plugged in it uses a pre-buffer to record the 3 seconds before motion is detected. The motion-triggered video recordings start before the motion happens, so you do not miss a thing. Look Back also offers lower latency than ever between motion detection and the start of video recording.
- When the Arlo Pro 2 is plugged in, it allows you to set up activity zones. Motion detected in other areas of the camera’s field of view does not trigger video recordings.
- When Arlo Pro 2 is plugged in it is capable of continuous video recording.
How to enable Geo-Fencing on your Netgear Arlo cameras?
- Open the NETGEAR Arlo app on your mobile device or type in the Arlo Netgear Login in the address bar of your web browser.
- Type in your username and password. Click on the “Mode option” and select “Arlo Device” Option.
- From the GeoFencing Edit icon, you need to select “Enabled Devices” option. You will get a list of devices which are enabled for Geofencing. You just need to checkbox the option and enable GeoFencing for your Netgear Arlo Cameras.
How to create Modes for Netgear Arlo cameras?
Netgear Arlo cameras need some advanced settings to be looked upon and once these advanced settings are active, they will allow you to get easier access and better control over the device.
- Access the NETGEAR Arlo Login screen and click on the Arlo device that you want to edit for your location. Click on "Add a Mode" option.
- From the mentioned list you can select the option you want to go for and click next. There you can handle the sound and motion sensors for your device and after making the change in the settings you need to click on Next again.
- You can even specify the type of action for your device when any activity is detected by your device. You can select “record video” or “Do nothing” option for your cameras.
- You can specify the length of the video your Arlo camera must record whenever any kind of motion is detected by your camera.
- You can handle the live notifications for your mobile device whenever any kind of activity is detected by your camera.
These are the simple steps you need to follow in order to change the modes on the camera.
How to reset Arlo Camera to factory default settings?
The simplest way to reset Arlo camera is to remove it from your Arlo login account. If your Arlo camera is not connected to the cloud or is in network coverage try scanning a QR code to reset Arlo Camera. If you wish to continue using your Arlo camera after the reset you must complete the new system setup process again.
MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can my Arlo camera accessed by only IP address, or can be integrated into any other system?
No, the Arlo camera can’t be accessed simply by IP address; they cannot be integrated into any other system.
2. Can I use a motion detection function to turn on Hue lighting via my Arlo Camera?
Yes, you can.
3. How can I access my Arlo camera?
First you should download the Arlo application via the AppStore or PlayStore. Then the user is offered to either login to an existing account, or creates a new one. Next, the base station should be connected to the router and powered. After a while, the application will automatically find the base station, you can start working.
4. How to pair up an Arlo camera?
The process of pairing went smoothly. Just select the camera, and then press the two synchronization buttons on the base station and on the camera.
5. How to install a battery inside a new Arlo Camera?
To install the battery inside, the camera must be opened. The battery is charged in the installed state via the micro-USB port. Either batteries can be contaminated in external charging, but it will have to be bought separately. In principle, this investment justifies itself, because you do not have to shoot the camera every time to recharge the battery.
6. How the camera suspension can be handled?
An unusual depression can be seen behind the camera. However, it is part of the camera suspension. Netgear abandoned the usual hinge by choosing another solution. The camera comes with two metal hemispheres. They are already screwed with ordinary screws.
7. What to do if I don’t want to use the magnetic holder in the camera?
If you do not want to use the magnetic holder, you can screw the camera to the hinge with a screw, there is a corresponding hole with a thread. But the hinge is not included in the package.
8. What is the base station of the camera?
The base station looks more modest, it is enclosed in a matte case with rounded corners. However, it should not attract attention to itself; the base station will mimic the surroundings of the living room.
9. What is the best place to locate a base station?
The base station should be located somewhere in the central place of the room, If you are activating the siren function.
10. Where the recorded video in Arlo camera is stored?
The captured video is not stored locally (for example, on a NAS), but is downloaded to the Netgear cloud. A basic subscription is available for free.
11. Why the Netgear need to be praised separately for installing Arlo camera?
For the installation process Netgear should be praised separately, because there are practically no obstacles when setting up the cameras. Is that the application a couple of times for a long time “thought”, but here helped return to the previous step and repeat.
12. Can I get a notification or signal when someone enters into my house?
The camera is able to act as a siren, issuing an alarm with a loudness of 100 dB, if during your absence someone got into the house.
13. Is my wireless Arlo camera is capable of connecting to the existing Wi-Fi network?
Yes, the camera can quickly connect to an existing Wi-Fi network. A wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of 130 degrees provides the ability to monitor the entire room. There is a video recording for the cloud service.
14. Is it worthwhile to buy an Arlo Camera?
Arlo Camera is a significant upgrade to its predecessor. Especially the rechargeable battery is in continuous use a big comfort gain, especially since the runtime is high. The new base station is also a reason to resort to the newer model thanks to its higher range and alarm function. The camera reliably fulfills its purpose and stores its images online, so that they are also available on the go
15. Which special feature can be use to record to record a video at a particular time?
In standard mode, the camera will only start recording when it detects motion or noise. Alternatively, the user can use the app to record at specific times or use the GPS feature of the phone.
16. Is my video quality will be good enough with an Arlo camera?
The video recordings are sharp enough with 720p, and the camera also works reliably in the dark.
17. What is the key role of the base station of an Arlo camera?
The base station of the Arlo Pro stores your images on the cloud on requestNetgear servers. The trick: Netgear gives buyers of the system the opportunity to retrieve the recordings of the past seven days via the online portal at no extra cost. That should be enough in most cases to detect suspicious activity or even a burglar.
18. What is the other option to keep a backup, if we don’t want to rely on cloud backup?
If you do not want to rely on the cloud backup, you can connect a USB hard disk to the base station and store the recordings locally, regardless of the selected tariff. Regardless of the storage location, the images can be viewed at any time via the Arlo app on the smartphone or play on the PC.